SCORE provides free mentoring help. SCORE is America’s premier source of free and confidential small business mentoring and advice service.
More than half a million entrepreneurs count on the organization each year for help with fulfilling their dream of starting a
small business, as well as helping existing enterprises grow and become more successful.
SCORE Expert Advice to Entrepreneurs
The organization’s more than 11,000 working and retired business professionals are committed to helping their communities thrive by providing local small business owners with valuable guidance and insights for success. Each of the 334 chapters across the country provide services and programs tailored to the local community’s specific business needs and challenges.
• SCORE mentors understand the needs and challenges of managing successful businesses because they’ve experienced them too. Most have owned and operated their own businesses or served in management positions for companies such as McDonnell Douglas, Kodak, Procter & Gamble and General Electric.
• The group provided 589,146 total services in fiscal year (FY) 2012* – and has helped more than 10 million entrepreneurs and small business owners since 1964.
• The organization offered 104,841 face-to-face and online business workshops in FY12. Seminars range in topic and scope depending on the needs of the local business community. A total of 307,850 people participated in a SCORE workshop in FY12.
SCORE Small Business Web Site Provides Entrepreneurs with Helpful Tools
For more than a decade, SCORE has offered its valuable business mentoring services online at www.score.org. The web site’s content has grown to provide visitors with easy access to business information resources.
• Ask a Question online mentoring provides fast, free and confidential advice from dedicated, experienced mentors via email. In 2012, there were 72,752 online client sessions through SCORE Small Business web site. Online mentors respond to questions within 48 hours.
• The SCORE web site has more than 2,000 pages of content dedicated to solving business problems. In FY12, www.score.org recorded more than 13 million visitors.
• Using the Find a Local Chapter ZIP code search, web visitors can find their local SCORE office and contact information.
SCORE mentors value business privacy. All mentoring is confidential. Based on an entrepreneur’s needs, business mentoring with SCORE can last just a few sessions or evolve into an ongoing mentoring relationship.
*Fiscal year 2010: October 1, 2011 – September 30, 2012