Fast-food chains are global. Here is a list of the top ten chains around the world, based on findings from QSR:
1. McDonald’s—With 18,710+ franchise stores, the Golden Arches is still Number One.
2. KFC—Owned by The Yum! Brands, this division has 12,000+ units with 4200 in China alone.
3. Subway—The well-known “Five Dollar Footlong” Sandwich franchise has 10,000+ and operates in 100 countries.
4. Pizza Hut—Also a division of The Yum! Brands, Pizza Hut has about 6000 franchised units.
5. Starbucks—There are now more than 5700 Starbucks in 50+ countries. The company added 220 international shops last year alone.
6. Burger King—Burger King is in 73 countries and boasts 5000 franchised stores.
7. Domino’s Pizza—The pizza franchise can be found in 60 countries and has 4500 stores.
8. Dunkin’ Donuts—Known around the world, Dunkin’ operates in more than 30 countries and tops 3000 units.
9. Dairy Queen—There are Dairy Queen franchises in 18 countries, including Mexico and China. The number of franchises is 802 and growing.
10. Papa John’s—There are more than 775 franchises serving what they call “better pizza for the masses.”