You don’t have to rent an outside facility, hire employees, develop an elaborate business plan or invest a ton of money to start your own business and be your own boss. Here are five quick and easy businesses you can start on a part-time basis or run on weekends to pick up extra money:
1. Garage Cleaning & Organizing—Clean a few garages in your area and positive word-of-mouth will carry you all the way to the bank.
2. Sell Goods Online—Don’t think you can’t make a mint doing this. You just need to follow through. Be a good seller, develop great feedback and ship right away. Look around you. There are great things to sell. Visit eBay.com and start doing research.
3. Concierge Service—Contact local businesses, community groups and other organizations. Ask if they could benefit from hiring you as there “sometimes” concierge. You’d help the senior citizens group get a bus and tickets to a play; you’d book airline trips and vacations for busy executives; you’d help the local literary club plan an outing to a historic site.
4. Sell—Develop a product that people want and start saturating the marketplace—or the local flea market with it. Go online and do a search for products you can buy at wholesale prices and sell at a nice profit.
5. Junk Removal—A lot of people have junk and “stuff” in their homes and yards but can’t cart it away. They don’t have a pickup or the discipline to get the job done. You can do it for them. Call the local dump/recycling center and set up a schedule for pickups, etc.