Want to be tough, cool under fire, able to sense any impending problems before it’s too late? In other words, a super-entrepreneur?
A new book by retired U.S. Navy SEALs Commander Mark Divine (with Allyson Edelhertz Machete) called The Way of the Seal ( Reader’s Digest, $21.99) is a great manual for entrepreneurs and small business owners.
The book is an easy read and full of practical wisdom for anyone who wants to be an elite operator in their life. Here are 9 tips from Commander Mark to help you run your small business and your life:
1. Establish your set point, turning a deep sense of values and purpose into a touchstone that will keep your feet in the sand and your eyes on the goal.
2. Develop front-sight focus so nothing can derail you on your way to victory.
3. Bulletproof your mission to inoculate your efforts against failure.
4. Do today what others won’t so you can achieve tomorrow what other’s can’t.
5. Get mentally and emotionally tough, and eliniate the “quit” option from your subconscious.
6. Break things and remake them, improving them through innovation and adaptation.
7. Build your intuition to utilize the full range of your innate wisdom and intelligence.
8. Think offense, all the time, to surprise your competition and dominate the field.
9. Train for life to develop mastery of your physical, mental, emotional, intuitional and spiritual selves.