Peter Ferdinand Drucker was an Austrian-born American management consultant, educator, and author, whose writings contributed to the philosophical and practical foundations of the modern business corporation. He was also a leader in the development of management education, and he invented the concept known as management by objectives.
He is widely credited with developing the widely debated concept “culture trumps strategy.” He came up five questions that he insists all leaders must challenge themselves to answer.
1. What is your mission? Why does your small business exist? What are you trying to accomplish?
2. Who is your customer? Describe the exact person you are focused on satisfying with your activities.
3. What does your customer value? What is it that you do well and that you are uniquely suited to provide to your customers? How can you beat the competition?
4. What results are you trying to accomplish? How do you measure success?
5. What is your plan? How do you go about satisfying your customers and getting the results that are most important?