We’re all familiar with Justin Bieber’s viral marketing success on YouTube. Not to mention Psy’s “Gangnam Style” video. YouTube has become a stepping stone to fame and fortune. The Prancercize Lady, skydiver Felix Baumgartner, Soulja Tell ‘Em, Jessica “LonelyGirl15” Rose, Carly Rae Jepsen and thousands of other individuals have used the website to get rich and famous, launch a book or product and publicize their business. You can do it, too.
Here are your steps to success:
1. Set up your account: all you need is a user name and a password for a youtube.com account.
2. Get a good camera and a microphone: You can pick up a good camera for less than $200 and make sure you use a separate microphone for the best sound.
3. Map out your plan: Design your video as though it is a mini-movie. What do you want to gain from this video? Figure out who you want to reach and how to best target that market.
4. Write out your script: If you don’t want to write it, draw a storyboard just like the big guys do. It will help you understand the flow of your video.
5. Make it short and sweet: Don’t go on and on about your product and service. Grab them and leave them wanting more.
6. Offer a good story: Put key information in your video so that people will want to watch it. Provide a good visual so your audience will talk about it.
7. Include contact information: Make sure you insert your website into the video so that people can follow-up to order your product or contact you for your service.
8. Incorporate your brand: If you have a slogan, use it. If you use the color Green in your campaign, show it. If you have a nice logo, put it in your set. Use YouTube to help you show your brand.
9. Be likeable: Tell your story in a comfortable way, that entices the audience to like you.
10. Promote it: Use your twitter and facebook accounts to publicize the video.