You don’t have to spend a fortune on marketing and public relations to promote your bar or restaurant, especially when starting out. You can even consider appointing an employee to handle these tasks–and pay them for their efforts.
1. Get a Facebook page. It is free and social media is effective. It is a great way to reach and interact with your customers. Get a Twitter account, too, and tweet about specials of the day, happy hour and new drinks on the menu. You can also sign up for accounts on FourSquare, Pinterest, and Yelp.
2. Review what you’ve been doing in terms of marketing and come up with fresh ideas. Ask your staff. They will be happy to contribute creatively.
3. Keep it simple. If your current campaigns are working well, do not abandon them, but kick it up a notch to reach new customers. Advertise in a new publication or website. Develop a publicity stunt.
4. Consider hosting a charity event to bring in a new crowd. The charity you pick will work hard to make the event a success and will do much of the promotional work. You’ll also build goodwill in your community.
5. Don’t forget to recycle–good ideas that is ( in additional to environmental efforts). What worked last Halloween? Do it again. If you have the props and posters for the Valentine’s night, get them out and do it again. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel on what is working.