Want to plan a Halloween tie-in for your small business, but don’t know what to do?
Booking.com (http://www.booking.com), the largest brand in the global online accommodation sector, has planned to showcasing haunted properties from around the globe, travelers can find their next ghostly getaway with the Haunted Destinations finder.
You don’t have to be this elaborate. Here are five promotional ideas you can quickly implement:
1. Host a sale. Put a promo code on your website today offering 10% off all orders placed now through Halloween. If you have a brick and mortar store, offer a special sale and put a sign in your window to promote.
2. Decorate your online storefront with a Halloween theme. Just change your header for the next ten days; if you have a brick and mortar shop, put together some fun props in the window and announce a sale. There are plenty of ideas that are budget-conscious. Pumpkins work very well.
3. Host a costume contest at your site on Halloween. Shopper who comes into your store wearing a costume, gets a discount. One shopper will take home the grand prize that your determine.
4. Put an ad in your local paper that your store will be distributing candy from 5 pm to 7 pm on Halloween and this will get the parents into the store. Ask one of your more theatrical employees to dress up and they can distribute the candy–that comes with a 10% off coupon on the parent’s next purchase.
5. Future discounts: all purchases made from now through Halloween will receive a discount coupon for the future. Send out an email blast to announce, post on your facebook page and tweet the promotion.