Do you live in Central or South Central Pennsylvania? Do you have an idea for a new, technology-based product or process? Get busy, because your idea could win one of two $25,000 cash prizes in Ben Franklin’s BIG IDEA Business Plan Contest.
This year’s competition, sponsored by Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central & Northern PA (BFTP/CNP) and the BF Venture Investment Forum, targets 25 counties in Central and South Central Pennsylvania.
To be eligible, you must live in one of the 25 counties; have developed or be developing, a new, innovative tech product or process; have had no significant sales if a product has already been developed; have fewer than 50 employees if a company has been formed and have never received previous BFTP funding.
Preferred industry sectors include (but are not limited to): nanotechnology; green technologies; alternative energy; advanced manufacturing; advanced materials; medical devices; information technology and software.
The application deadline is December 9; final judging is set for February 20, 2014.
In addition to the $25,000 in cash, the two grand-prize winners will also receive:
- One-year website hosting offered by Netrepid;
- The opportunity to participate in a BF TechCelerator Boot Camp for Startups;
- Six months free rent in the BF TechCelerator @ Carlisle (for a winner from that area);
- Assistance from the Innovation Partnership in preparing a proposal to receive a federal research (SBIR) grant;
- Access to all Ben Franklin’s business support services at no charge.
“We had a huge response to last year’s contest. Nearly 2,000 people came to the BIG IDEA landing page to check out the easy application process. We believe that anyone with the courage, energy and enthusiasm to apply to a business plan contest is already a winner,” says Stephen Brawley, President/CEO of Ben Franklin.
Full details, a list of the eligible counties and an application forms are online.