Leasing a space? Here are 13 questions you must ask your landlord before you sign the lease:
1. How many customers walk by? What is the foot traffic?
2. Can you give me a brief rundown on the tenant history?
3. How many cars drive by this site everyday?
4. What is the vacancy rate?
5. Is there nearby access to a major expressway, highway?
6. Is there a parking slot available?
7. What are the hours of operation for the building?
8. What is the age of the building?
9. What is the condition of the rental unit?
10. Can I expand?
11. Will you assist me in building out the site?
12. What are the lease terms and will the site be available for purchase in the future?
13. Who else is in the building?