Love pets? Consider starting a business oriented around these fun, loveable creatures. The pet industry is $55 billion in the U.S. alone. Plenty of room for you to cash-in!
1. PET FURNITURE:If you have a knack for making furniture, you can clean up by making fun furniture items for pets with nice padded cushions for their comfort.
2. BIRD HOUSES:If you have a knack for building things, create custom designed bird houses for outdoor use. They can look like the homeowner’s home, too.
3. PET PICK-UP: This is a more elegant title for a pooper scooper service. You target homeowners as your clients and clean up their yards once or twice a week. You charge by the hour or by the call. Once you establish a nice clientele, consider hiring others to perform the task.
4. PET FOOD DELIVERY: Perfect for people with lots of pets and a perfect service to sell to senior citizens. You cart the 25 pound bags of feed or food right to your customer’s home. You can also sell dishes and water containers for extra profit.
5. SHUTTLE SERVICE: There are plenty of people who need to travel long distances each weekend. They are going off to their country home or going to visit relatives in another state. Often they travel on train or air shuttle and can’t take their beloved pet. You can start a business carting the pets in a van.