In a few weeks, Samsung will introduce its highly anticipated smartphone watch, the Galaxy Gear. But, they were not the first.
Burg, a Dutch manufacturer, launched its first smartwatches over four years ago. In 2009, its first design was instantly awarded first prize for most innovative product
Founder Hermen van den Burg, an award-winning designer from the Netherlands, now has his office situated in Guangzhou, China, where his company has established a factory, research center and showroom. Burg manufactures a variety of smartwatches for men, women and children, sporting a trendy, casual or athletic look. Prices range from $149 to $399.
What makes the Dutch smartwatch, designed by Burg, superior to Samsung’s and Apple’s designs, says Burg, is that Burg watches carry a regular SIM card, thus making the watch a fully featured, independently functioning phone. Its rivals, however, all still require a Bluetooth connection between the watch and the phone. In other words, without the connection, these are just ordinary watches; and there’s hardly anything smart about that.
Burg’s mission is to use Dutch design to produce fun, useful and original smartwatches and related products that change both the watch industry and people´s lifestyles. Burg aims to:
- Create a unique, cool and trendy product group;
- Revolutionize the watch industry by applying high technology to watches – because watches are an everyday item;
- Provide comprehensive customer service through SIM card, the Burg cloud and additional built in services such as health, safety, sport and payment;
- Become a leading brand, known for cutting-edge, high quality, and fashionable smartwatches.
Rewards and Recognition:
- 2009 April, China; Most Innovative Product at Canton Fair
- 2011 March, Germany; 1st Place, German Trend Seller Award
- 2012 October, India; Most Innovative Product at New Delhi Franchise Fair
- 2013 August, France; Carrefour Technical Audit Approved
OS Android 4.0, 3G & WIFI, GPS, SIM card, 1.54 inch 240×240 pixel, Camera 2.0Mp, Bluetooth 3.0, two-way communication, Sisvel, MPEGLA, Micro SD 32Gb
IFA 2013 will take place from 6th until 11th September in the Berlin Messe, Berlin, Germany. Come and meet Burg at Booth 101 -5 in Hall 9.