There is a lot of free help available to new small businesses that are trying to get off the ground. Some are better than others; here are five free resources you must bookmark for your small business. They are updated constantly and are on your side:
1. sba.gov : The United States Small Business Administration has a wealth of free information and resources on local, regional and national levels. Get to know their extensive range and use it. You can learn about startup tips, loans, grants, disaster programs, marketing, webinars and more.
2. franchise.org : The International Franchise Association is a organization devoted to helping individuals learn about franchising and is an advocate for its franchise members. There are thousands of franchises in the Association. Their site will help you find franchise opportunities in hundreds of different categories. The group sponsors shows and convention across the U.S. and around the world.
3. SCORE.org : Need a mentor or an expert to help you develop your small business idea and grow your business? SCORE–the Senior Corps of Retired Executives–is a wonderful site. Ice cream kings, Ben & Jerry, said they never could have mastered the art of learning refrigeration techniques without the help from their free SCORE mentor, Manny Vasquez. That’s a testimonial!
4. commerce.gov : The United States Department of Commerce can help provide you with statistics for your business plan, can help you forecast growth in a particular region of the country, and can help you understand various economic indicators to help move your business forward.
5. sbomag.com : We humbly include ourselves on this list of awesome resources. Our site is updated on a daily basis, and provides fresh and original content on all aspects of entrepreneurship that you won’t find anywhere else. We are continually striving to bring you the best information on starting and running a small business. We were the first to say that our goal was–and is– to “demystify entrepreneurship” for every entrepreneur.
Our weekly digital newsletter presents ideas and bylined columns from the best in the business. Bookmark our site and visit often. We are here to serve you.