To get more visitors to your site, you need to create a little sizzle. Here are 10 topics that can help you generate a little buzz:
1. Write about your idols–the well-known “mentors” that inspired you.
2. Post a video or upload a podcast of your store, your business, your workshop.
3. Profile one of your fun staff members.
4. Sponsor a contest or giveaway.
5. Write about a customer success story and include tips from their point of view, too.
6. Take a poll of your customers, your visitors, your market and post the results.
7. Write up your opinion on a hot industry, controversial trend that affects your small business: Immigration, Affordable Care Act, price of gasoline, etc.
8. Post an alternative use for your product. For example, Dow Chemical started to market ZipLoc bags to consumers after employees began to use the “chemical storing bags” to cart their lunch to work.
9. Write your startup advice in 10 tips that will help fledgling entrepreneurs.
10. Invite a guest blogger to post on your site. If they are well-known in your industry, promote, promote and promote the post again.