With “smart immigration” still in the headlines, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is offering a free ebook to help more people understand the issues related to immigrant entrepreneurs and how current policies affect this important economic force in America.
In his pivotal book, The Immigrant Exodus: Why America Is Losing the Global Race to Capture Entrepreneurial Talent, Vivek Wadhwa, a leading scholar and public voice on entrepreneurship and public policy, draws on fifty years of research and his Kauffman Foundation report, “America’s New Immigrant Entrepreneurs – Then and Now,” to show that growth in immigrant entrepreneurship in the United States has peaked, is stagnating, and is on the verge of decline.
This looming decline is historically unprecedented, and has huge implications for the already-ailing U.S. economy.
Wadhwa’s ebook is available for free download from now through July 22, 2013.
Instructions to download your ebook:
Most dedicated ebook readers and e-reader apps support epub files, like the one made available for this download, with the exception of Amazon Kindle. Following are suggestions for downloading and reading your ebook:
1. If you have an Apple iPad, click on the following link to access the ebook: http://knlg.net/16exDjm
2. When you are prompted to open in an app, select your preferred reading app, such as the Apple iBooks, Barnes & Noble Nook, Bluefire Reader, or IndieBound apps.
3. If you do not have an e-reading app installed on your device, visit the Apple app store and download your preferred app.
Adobe Digital Editions
If you would like to read the book on your computer or other device, we recommend using Adobe Digital Editions.
1. If you do not have this program installed, download it: http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html.
2. Alternatively, download the Adobe Digital Editions app on your favorite device. For a full list of Adobe Digital Editions Supported Devices: click here.
3. Once you have downloaded the program, please click on the following link to access the ebook: http://knlg.net/16exDjm
4. Click open in the download box. Note: if the file ends with a .zip extension, it will not open properly. If your ebook doesn’t open in Adobe Digital Editions, please save it to your computer and change the file name extension to .epub.
5. Adobe Digital Editions will automatically open the ebook.
6. Begin reading and enjoy!
If you experience any problems, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
– See more at: http://www.kauffman.org/misc/kauffman-foundation-offers-free-e-book-now-through-july-22.aspx?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Opticast&utm_campaign=Ideas_At_Work_6_20_13#sthash.7OsBvJgv.dpuf