The Massage Envy journey over the last 10 years just defies the economic climate. Launched in 2002, the company just opened its 808th location and, recognizing the value, Roark Capital acquired the franchise earlier this month. They also celebrated their 50 millionth massage.
- In just 10 years, the franchise has grown to more than 800 locations in 45 states
- At the 5-year mark, Massage Envy expanded and added Massage Envy Spa, entering the healthy skin care market and fashioned an exclusive agreement with Murad
- Employs 18,000+ massage therapists – (looking for clients? This could be the spot for you!)
- 300,000 massages given a week with the 50 millionth massage given this month
- 1.2 million members – with massages beginning at $49, the “affordable luxury” obviously appeals to a huge portion of the American population.
- Franchise business…the average unit volume is $1.2 million; with the initial investment between $352K and $569K, franchisees can – again, pardon the pun – make money hand over foot!