Every Friday we feature great products that are made in the U.S.A. and we are happy to announce that July is now MADE IN AMERICA month. Organizers are asking all Americans to try and buy products that are made in the United States before opting for an import.
With production based just 40 miles north of Atlanta, Okabashi remains committed to keeping all of its manufacturing and distribution functions in the US. Today less than 2% of shoes sold in the U.S. are manufactured here, and this trend has decimated the shoe manufacturing industry over the past two decades. Okabashi has bucked this trend and produced a domestic product that outperforms overseas competition on design, durability and value.
Good for the USA- here are the facts:
- Okabashi employs over 250 full time and factory employees in its Buford plant.
- Okabashi shoes travel an average of 700 miles, compared to imported shoes, which travel an average of 11,600 miles to get to the average US home. This means a huge reduction in the carbon footprint of the product.
- Through Okabashi, many other local suppliers and businesses survive and prosper.
- Okabashi has created a substantial following for its products in the US, having manufactured and sold over 30 million pairs, with many of its consumers having purchased multiple pairs.
- Okabashi stands behind the quality of its products by offering a two year guarantee