Fourteen exemplary women business leaders will step into the spotlight to receive the nation’s premier award for excellence among women’s business enterprises (WBEs) bestowed by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) at its Salute to Women’s Business Enterprises Celebrating 15 Years: Vision, Opportunities, and Success! The annual event will take place March 22, 2012, before 1,000 corporate executives, WBEs and government and nonprofit representatives at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, Baltimore, MD.
“WBENC’s 14 WBE Stars are exemplary leaders whose strategic and innovative business practices have enabled them to grow and contribute to the business community,” said Pamela Prince-Eason, WBENC President and CEO, the leading advocate for and authority on WBEs as suppliers to the nation’s top corporations.
The 2012 WBENC WBE Stars are national representatives selected by WBENC’s 14 Regional Partner Organizations (RPOs), which process WBENC’s world-class certification of WBEs, in addition to providing skill-building educational programs and business development opportunities with major corporations and government entities.
WBENC’s Summit & Salute is part of a comprehensive two-day strategic educational program sponsored by Accenture and Ernst & Young LLP showcasing thought leaders and key business trends, and providing WBEs with vital access to WBENC Corporate and Government Members. In delivering sophisticated resources and senior-level networking opportunities, WBENC enables the long-term success of women’s businesses and the corporations they serve.
The following 2012 WBENC Women’s Business Enterprise Stars will be recognized for leadership in their respective local business communities, inspiration to other women business owners, and active roles at the helm of successful certified businesses:
• Julie Sue Auslander, President, cSubs, representing the Women Presidents’ Educational Organization-NY, www.csubs.com
• Carmen Castillo, President, SDI International Corp., representing the Women’s Business Development Council of Florida, www.sdintl.com
• Cathi Coan, President, Techway Services, Inc., representing the Women’s Business Council – Southwest, www.techwayservices.com
• Mary Fox Donnelly, CEO, Fox Specialties, Inc. dba Encompass Elements, representing the Women’s Business Enterprise Council–PA-DE-sNJ, www.EncompassElements.com
• Hannah Kain, CEO, Alom Technologies Corporation, representing Astra Women’s Business Alliance, www.alom.com
• Lianne Lami, CEO, Bocci Engineering, LLC, representing the Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance, www.BocciEngineering.com
• Patti Massey, President, MYCA Group, representing the Ohio River Valley Women’s Business Council, www.mycagroup.com
• Mary Moslander, President & CEO, LiveHealthier, Inc., representing the Women Presidents’ Educational Organization-DC, www.LiveHealthier.com
• Mary Parker, President & CEO, ALL(n)1 Security Services, Inc., representing the Greater Women’s Business Council, www.alln1security.com
• Kathryn Petty, President, White Lion Tea, representing the Women’s Business Enterprise Council-West, www.whiteliontea.com
• Cassandra Sanford, CEO, Kelly Mitchell Group, Inc., representing the Women’s Business Development Center-Chicago, www.kellymitchell.com
• Juli Sinnett, Principal, Swervepoint, LLC, representing the Center for Women & Enterprise, www.swervepoint.com
• Lynn Tilton, Managing Member/President, Dura and Global Automotive (Patriarch Partners), representing the Women’s Business Enterprise Council-Great Lakes, www.duraauto.com
• Lee Youngblood, Partner, McIntyre & Youngblood, representing the Women’s Business Enterprise Council South, www.myrecruiting.biz
About WBENC: The Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) is the leading advocate for, and authority on, Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs) as suppliers and vendors to the nation’s corporations. Founded in 1997, WBENC is also the nation’s leading third-party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women, with over 10,700 WBENC-certified WBEs and WBENC certification accepted by more than 1,000 corporations, representing America’s most prestigious brands. Throughout the year, WBENC and its RPOs provide opportunities for interactions between more than 250 member corporations and certified WBEs at business building events and other forums. WBENC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that seeks and accepts donations from corporations, foundations and individuals that support its mission and programs. For more information, please go towww.wbenc.org.