Keeping Facebook fans engaged is a delicate balance of entertainment and brand appeal. Sanrio, Inc., parent company of Hello Kitty, sourced social media agency Room 214 to develop a social strategy incorporating custom Facebook applications to increase interest in the brand’s social media presence and also provide a unique social experience for its fans.
The newest Stores application gives Sanrio Facebook fans access to local store info, events and exclusive promotions.
Key Facts About The Stores Application:
· The Sanrio Stores application can be accessed here: http://on.fb.me/f5xAP2
· The Stores application will allow users to:
1. View store specific deals and promotions
2. View store specific information (i.e. Hello Kitty appearances)
3. View and follow Twitter feeds from nearly 100 individual Sanrio stores
4. View map coordinates to store locations
5. Search for any Sanrio store by zip code
6. View store addresses and phone numbers
· The application has two main pages:
1. Landing page: Features an interactive map to find stores and a list of all Sanrio stores by state. Each listing includes value added information such as exclusive store coupons, store Tweets, store events and more.
2. Search Stores. Fans can find the nearest Sanrio Boutique stores or Authorized Sanrio Retailers by simply entering a zip code.
“Our Sanrio Boutique stores offer a true immersion in all things Sanrio and Hello Kitty. Our Facebook fans are loyal brand enthusiast and we wanted to make it easy for them to find our Stores and participate in Hello Kitty appearances, special events and promotions happening in their home town or area of destination. The Stores application on our Facebook page is a great connection point to get hands on with the brand and our products. Often times just visiting a Saniro store is special occasion that is sharable social media experience for our fans.” – Janet Hsu, President, Sanrio, Inc. @sanrio
“When we began this relationship, one of our main business objectives was to create an digital fan experience that was true to the brand. Having visited many stores and engaged with fans online, we know the physical in-store experience with the brand is very special. So we focused on bridging those two worlds through a custom Stores application in Facebook to connect Sanrio stores to its fans all across the US. So if a fan is living in, or traveling to, an area where there is a Sanrio store he or she can now find out about special promotions, events and even get Facebook specific coupons to purchase those small gifts that bring big smiles.” -Brandon Whalen, Account Director, Room 214, @Room_214