Susan T. Spencer is a successful entrepreneur, attorney, award-winning author www.BriefcaseEssentials.com and former GM and minority owner of The Philadelphia Eagles.
Susan currently consults with small business owners when they are ready to “take off” and is working with banks across the country to include a Women’s Financial Group as a separate category within each bank. She also serves as an advisor to several international non -profits as an “expert in growing a small business.”
Susan has put together a self-test for anyone (young, old or in-between) thinking of starting his/her own business.
Do you have what it takes to start your own business today? Find out by answering Yes or No to the 10 questions below:
1. Passion and Drive – Can you keep your nose to the grindstone for 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week for the first two years?
2. Diligence – Do you have the ability to research a business opportunity or idea thoroughly and objectively determine which businesses suit your skills?
3. Persistence – Can you take “No” for an answer and keep moving forward without taking that “No” personally?
4. Flexibility – Are you eager to take on new projects that might not be in an area where you excel?
5. Adaptability – Can you change course in mid-stream when someone else shows you a better option?
6. Reaching out For Help – Are you comfortable asking others for help and then accepting it?
7. Discipline – Can you live on a tight budget?
8. Cash Flow Savvy – Do you have the ability to handle your finances by “robbing Peter to pay Paul?”
9. Sense of Humor – Can you laugh at yourself when you make a dumb mistake?
10. Doing Your Homework – Are or were you one of those students who always made sure they handed in homework assignments on time and complete?
See Success Key Below:
9-10 yes answers: You have passed the first threshold, the heavy lifting lies ahead
7-8 yes answers: Your chances are 20-1 unless you are able to work on the “No’s”
1-6 yes answers: Stop dreaming and get a job!