Pet Butler, the nation’s leading Pet Waste Cleanup and Removal Service released their 2008 financials today – having thrived despite one of the worst economic years on record. The Dallas-based franchisor ended 2008 with organization-wide revenue exceeding $4.44 million and 130 franchises in 27 states. Revenue grew 20 percent in 2008 while the number of franchises grew 29 percent.
“The Pet Butler family has definitely been blessed and protected during these tough economic times.” says Founder and CEO, Matt “Red” Boswell. “I attribute our growth to 3 factors: great people within our organization, a strong pet industry and busier-than-ever pet owners who just don’t have the time to ‘mess’ with the mess.”
Pet Butler, which proudly bills itself as “#1 in the #2 business”, charges a small per-visit fee for its technicians to collect dog and cat waste, carry it away, and dispose of it properly. Whether in yards or public spaces, accumulated domestic animal waste can ruin lawns and presents a significant source of water pollution.
In 2008 Pet Butler achieved several key milestones:
• Achieved #512 in Inc Magazine’s list of the 5,000 fastest Growing Privately Held companies
• Launched 3 new states: Georgia, Rhode Island and Tennessee
• Scooped its 50 millionth pile
• Held its 2nd Annual Caca Convention, in Phoenix, AZ
• Ranked #481 on the Franchise 500 List, and #56 in the Fastest Growing Franchises category
• Sold the Dallas area’s corporately owned territories for $1.2 million
• Surpassed the 100 franchises milestone – an accomplishment only 5% of
franchisors ever achieve
• Launched an accounts receivable and royalties system overhaul which will significantly improve the company’s ability to serve its customers and franchise partners.
• Promoted Tim Leslie to the new
position of CIO.
• Implemented a massive technology upgrade project which further enhanced the customer experience regarding online signups
While 2008 proved to be a year of great growth for Pet Butler, 2009 is off to a super start as well. New franchisees in Iowa, Pet Butler’s 28th state, are about to open up for business. February was a record setting month for new customer signups and now over 10 million pounds of filth has been picked up from nearly 3.5 million yard cleanings. “Yes business stinks, but it’s definitely picking up!” laughs Red Boswell.
When asked about Pet Butler’s success, Boswell replied “Pet Butler’s incredible growth is taking us closer to our ultimate goal of becoming a nationally admired household name synonymous with the Pet Waste Cleanup industry. We are poised to continue Pet Butler’s hyper-growth in the U.S. and abroad over the next decade.”
Everyone loves their dog, but no one likes cleaning up after it! Here are just some statistics on pet ownership in the United States:
• Close to 40% of United States
households own at least one dog.
• Two in ten dog owners own two dogs.
• One in ten dog owners own three or more dogs in the United States.
• In Baby Boomer households where there are no children under 18 years of age, more dogs are owned on average (two).
Cats are big, too.
• There are over 63 million dogs in the United States.
• The average dog leaves its owners 23 “presents” per week.
• 30 million US households have at least one dog and not one of these households enjoys cleaning up after it!
• Our first franchise (company owned) has over 3,000 clients in the Dallas Fort Worth Area of Texas and consistently serves several thousand pets and their owners each week.
According to the U.S. Department of Com-merce business states say:
• Although only 8% of businesses are franchises, they represent 40% of all retail sales in the U.S.
• Proven methods are often better than trial and error.
• A franchise is usually easier to sell and has a higher value than an independent business. Name recognition.
• Consumers prefer a nationally recognized name 2 to 1.
• The synergy of a group of people, all contributing ideas and motivation, is a benefit to each individual. •
Matt “Red” Boswell is the founder and CEO of the Pet Butler franchise. He invites you to join their profit parade!